On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM, Ken Arromdee <arrom...@rahul.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Mar 2011, The Cunctator wrote:
> > The Koch brothers are mostly unknown. ...
> > ... It is Ken's assertion that there are "many
> > people highly motivated to write misrepresentations and
> > unbalanced articles," though the evidence seems to point to there being
> > maybe a handful of such people.
>
> You've got to be kidding.  The first page of Google results for them shows
> anti-Koch articles from alternet.org, Huffington Post, and Daily Kos.  If
> you think that they are unknown to the extent that nobody would be likely
> have an anti-Koch agenda, you are dead wrong; the Koch brothers are a
> current left-wing blog and activism target.
>
> Oh, certainly, left wing blogs are attacking the Kochs. And awareness among
hard-core political activists and junkies is probably pretty high. But we're
talking a very small percentage of the US population.

There are only a few thousand regular editors on en.wp. There really aren't
that many people who edit Wikipedia. And [[David H. Koch]] for example is
semi-protected. So we're talking about a handful of editors.

There are big differences between the hypothetical potential pool of people
capable of editing Wikipedia, the pool of people interested in doing so, the
people with the experience and ability to do so effectively, etc.