On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Nkansah Rexford
<nkansahrexf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The news item:
> http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/after-india-protests-uk-says-no-final-decision-on-rs-2-7-lakh-visa-bond-384665

"The government intends to run a pilot scheme for such bonds, tightly
targeted at a small number of visa applicants assessed to pose a high
risk of overstaying."

That suggests that they'll only ask for a bond from people that are
from those countries *and* are deemed to be "high-risk", not from
everyone from those countries. I would guess that in the current
system (without bonds), these people would be very likely to have
their visa denied anyway.

That said, the news articles I've read about this aren't very clear,
which suggests the government hasn't been very clear about what its
plans are.

Roan