Dear Wikimedia Colleagues:

We are pleased to announce initial eligibility of applicants submitting a
Letter of Intent for 2015-2016 Round 1 of the Annual Plan Grants / FDC
process. Only applicants confirmed as eligible by 15 September 2015 may
submit proposals to the Funds Dissemination Committee by the 1 October 2015
proposal deadline. We have published the initial eligibility checklist
here, so that applicants may review eligibility before it is confirmed on
15 September 2015:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:APG/Eligibility/2015-2016_round1.

Of the eighteen organizations submitting Letters of Intent, thirteen are
already considered eligible provided they continue to meet eligibility
requirements throughout the duration of the FDC process, and three could be
considered eligible if all eligibility gaps listed in this table are met by
the 15 September 2015 deadline. Two organizations are not eligible to
submit applications in the upcoming round.

During the next two months, FDC staff will work with all potential
applicants to make sure eligibility requirements are clear and to form
plans together to meet these requirements by the confirmation deadline.
Once applicants are confirmed by WMF staff as eligible, they must continue
to meet these requirements throughout the duration of the Annual Plan
Grants / FDC process.

Please expect another update once eligibility is finally confirmed on 15
September 2015, leading up to the 1 October 2015 proposal deadline.
Proposal forms will be available by 1 September 2015.

Here is a breakdown of upcoming milestones for 2015-2016 Round 1, which you
may also find here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:APG/Calendar.

* Eligibility confirmed: 15 September 2015

* Proposals due: by 1 October 2015

* Community review: 1 October 2015 - 30 October 2015

* Staff assessments published: by 8 November 2015

* FDC deliberations: middle of November 2015

* FDC recommendation published: by 1 December 2015

* Board decision: by 1 January 2016

* Start of new grant terms: 1 January 2016

We welcome your questions or comments about the Annual Plan Grants / FDC
process at any time: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:APG/Comments.
Feel free also to reach out to us over email at fdcst...@wikimedia.org. We
would be happy to speak with any organization about specific questions they
may have about eligibility.

Best regards from FDC staff!

Winifred Olliff

Program Officer