On 7 January 2016 at 22:45, Andreas Kolbe <jayen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am also struck by the fact that the grant is really a very paltry one,
> compared to the resources the Foundation is investing in this. The
> MediaWiki page on Discovery[2] lists sixteen people working on this.
> $250,000 would hardly begin to cover their salaries.
>
> In fact, Risker said as long ago as May last year,[3]

I'm not sure what the standard is for grant applications is in the US, but
I know locally that is it is extremely rare that allow the funding to be
used to pay for salaries and the likes, Although the grant applications I
used to have common knowledge were designed to have a physical end goal as
per the agreement (example: Replace kitchen cabinets in a Scout den)
compared to what will be software changes.