Could be interesting to add a column "active streak" yes/no

Geert Van Pamel

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Kunal Mehta <lego...@debian.org>
Verzonden: maandag 31 juli 2023 10:09
Aan: wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org
Onderwerp: [Wikimedia-l] Re: Who is the editor with the longest editing streak?
Find out!

Hi,

On 7/28/23 12:42, F. Xavier Dengra i Grau via Wikimedia-l wrote:
> Is there any available tool to precisely count how many days in a row
> a Wikimedian from a specifif project has been editing? The sourcethat
> is linked in the Diffs page
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_reports/Longest_acti
> ve_user_editing_streaks
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Database_reports/Longest_acti
> ve_user_editing_streaks>)is only within the English Wikipedia.

In addition to my "Wiki streaks" tool Natalia linked, I'm happy to set up the
database report for other wikis - just ask :)

> Has anyone checked that there is no other user in the rest of the
> other projects (hundreds of them) with a similar or better streak, so
> that the sentence "the Wikimedian with the longest editing streak" is
> fully accurate regarding both language and Wikimedia project?

Here's a version of the streaks report that checked all wikis:
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Legoktm/Longest_active_user_editing_streaks>.
Johnny Au is still #1, beating all other humans and bots :) Ignoring bots,
Bruce1ee (also en.wp) is #2. Kocurwaclaw from pl.wp is #3.

I should say that these reports are for the longest *active* daily editing
streak. At least I never got around to looking for long
non-active streaks, though it could be an interesting research project!
If someone has ideas on some SQL to look this up, happy to turn it into a
proper report.

-- Kunal / Legoktm