Are you talking about anything concrete or specific? Otherwise, it seems
like you are recognizing openly known tensions that all editors of good
faith (which is pretty much all editors) try to negotiate with a spirit of
openness and collegiality. Though sometimes we don't live up to that ideal.
(I for one should know.)