On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Lee Worden <worden....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Very exciting - congratulations!
>
> I know these are early days for the VisualEditor, but is there a plan for
> extension developers to be able to hook in to provide editing for the things
> their extensions support?
Yes, absolutely! We've been working on cleaning up and rewriting
various internal APIs in VE such that they can reasonably be used to
write extensions. We've made progress, but we're not done yet, and
more recently it's received less attention because of yesterday's
release. We're gonna be picking that work back up in January, and once
it's done, we would be happy to work with willing guinea pigs to test
our APIs in the wild and work out the remaining kinks. As for when
that'll actually be scheduled to happen, I defer to James F.

Roan