There was an API outage yesterday (Sunday July 14th) between roughly
12:00 and 14:00 UTC (5am-7am Pacific Time). As part of our
firefighting we blocked the IPs that were hitting the API the hardest
at the time. We didn't have time to do outreach because things were on
fire and falling over; I'm very sorry about that. We also should have
unblocked these IPs after the outage was over, but forgot (I was
mostly just trying to get things back up then go back to sleep).

For privacy reasons we can't disclose the IPs we blocked on Sunday. We
unblocked them just now, though, so if your bots are now working again
that would be it :)

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and lack of follow-up. We
generally try to contact people, but when things are as bad as they
were yesterday we have to act quickly.

Roan