I was meaning to comment on the overall GSoC proposal before the acceptance
stage and didn't get a chance.

Personally I don't think in it's current state/design it is overly suitable
for deployment onto MediaWiki wiki as it will introduce a external factor
on the page load for each visitor, although I haven't looked at the current
privacy policy but it is generally considered a no-no for us.

Also I do have concerns about the overall usefullness of the data and how
it will correlate with the extensions, especially when it comes to matching
to individual release versions and overall participation on data submission.