On 08/28/2014 08:46 AM, Brad Jorsch (Anomie) wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Aran <a...@organicdesign.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install parsoid on Ubuntu 12. I installed nodejs from
>> source, but when I try and install parsoid via apt-get it fails saying
>> that it depends on nodejs (>= 0.8.0) even though node --version returns
>> v0.10.31!
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
>>

> The package manager doesn't know anything about software you manually
> installed.
>
> The ideal thing to do would be to just install the nodejs package: I see
> Ubuntu trusty has 0.10.25, and Debian has 0.10.29 in both testing and
> unstable.

+1 for using the regular package rather than a manual install from source.
Normally the right nodejs package should be automatically pulled in when you
install parsoid from the repository as described in [1]. What happens when
you just do a 'apt-get install nodejs' ?

Gabriel

[1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Parsoid/Setup#Ubuntu_.2F_Debian_on_amd64