> 3) I am going to aim to agree on a standard icon HTML markup for
> mediawiki ui. We still have an issue with the fact that everyone is
> using different HTML markup to create icons. After reviewing all our
> current approaches [1] it was clear that we were relatively closely
> aligned and that it simply is a case of agreeing on class names.

As an update I have made a proposal based on a patch from the Growth
team here [1]
A picture useless makes things clearer so I did a sketch [2]. It seems
like this would work for both Flow and MobileFrontend so am waiting to
hear back some feedback from other teams. Essentially we'd have a base
class mw-ui-icon and various modifier classes that supply the icon
image and the icon position.

[1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/139368/
[2] http://i.imgur.com/bieQ9zn.jpg