If you "bridge" wireless to wired, we have issues as most of our
buildings are routed (distributed model) and it breaks down the
mobility/roaming flexibility we get by backhauling our APs to central
controllers and using common network infrastructure across campus.

There are pros and cons to each, but our "mobility" is a selling point,
particularly as we expand to outdoor coverage.  We have at least one
documented survey response complaining about "When I go from my dorm
room to class in the morning, my Pandora keeps interrupting flipping
from WiFi to 3G/4G..."

Geez...  and it took us years to get WiFi in the residence halls...

Jeff