From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Peter P Morrissey
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:06 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] 802.1x vs web-portal

Can anyone name an application that does not have strong encryption?

I'm not arguing against 802.1x, because it works very well for us as users
don't have to authenticate constantly on a portal, and we seem to do a very
good job getting them on initially, but I am having a hard time understanding
the encryption benefits lately.

Pete Morrissey