From: Heath Barnhart [mailto:heath.barnh...@washburn.edu]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 11:01 AM
Subject: Re: requests for open, unauthenticated, no portal WiFi

There are certain laws you might fall under if you allow open access, such as
CALEA. We recently put in an open/unauthenticated network, but with
restrictions. Visitors must still register there devices (thought there is no
validation), we only allow for 3 days of access followed by a 3 day exclusion
period, and we limit what services can be used to basic stuff like HTTP, HTTPS,
FTP, SSH, and VPN.

--

Heath Barnhart

ITS Network Administrator