From: Pally Sandher [mailto:pally.sand...@iesve.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:21 AM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Why do I get ICE failures building from a
serviceaccount?

The following string format was not expected by the external UI message
logger: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows
Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for
assistance.".

msiexec service needs to be running for ICE's to be evaluated.

Palbinder Sandher
Software Deployment & IT Administrator
T: +44 (0) 141 945 8500
F: +44 (0) 141 945 8501

http://www.iesve.com
**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**
Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No.
SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park,
Glasgow G20 0SP
Email Disclaimer