From: Hernán Martínez [mailto:hernan.marti...@ecc.es]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 12:00 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] Reference harvesting disabled in 3.6?

While porting one project from VS Setup to Wix (first time with it) I found
that Votive doesn't harvest any reference at all, only the project output.
Since I haven't been able to change this behavior I've disabled all the
Harvesting flag in every project  and relied on a prebuild task that calls
heat.exe to pick all files from a temporary directory.

Recently I've just found that there's a comment in 3.6 release notes that says
"Disabled reference harvesting by default in Votive". Is that so? Are there any
way to enable it? I assume that it was disabled for a reason, right?

I'd really prefer to depend on a standard harvesting tool rather than on a
bunch of xcopy & del calls in every pre and post build event.

(Also, given my lack of skills in Wix, I may be missing something obvious.)

Thanks in advance,
-Hernán.