If you have uninstalled, the persisted property registry key should not be
there.

Check that the keys have been removed before installing your new version.

-----Original Message-----
From: chennam [mailto:chatrapathi.chen...@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 June 2013 15:30
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Clear property value on uninstall

Hi,

I am making my Installer to Install into specific folder location instead of
Programfiles using a Property INSTALLLOCATION. Ans I pass its value through
command line during Installation.

MSI (c) (18:98) [08:04:53:170]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding INSTALLLOCATION
property. Its value is 'D:\Websites\CBUDirectUAT'.

But When I Installed previously version of MSI on same machine the
INSTALLOCATION property value was set to 'D:\Websites\CBUDirectUATAlt1' .

Now I uninstalled previous version from (ARP) and installing the new version
with new property value for INSTALLLOCATION='D:\Websites\CBUDirectUAT'.

But the installer is installing into same old location
D:\Websites\CBUDirectUATAlt1 instead of new one.

See below for log the new version MSI is changing the INSTALLLOCATION
property value to old one even though I passed new one.

Action 8:04:53: AppSearch. Searching for installed applications Action start
8:04:53: AppSearch.
AppSearch: Property: INSTALLLOCATION, Signature: REMEMBERPROPERTY MSI (c)
(18:98) [08:04:53:248]: Note: 1: 2262 2: Signature 3: -2147287038 MSI (c)
(18:98) [08:04:53:248]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying INSTALLLOCATION property.
Its current value is 'D:\Websites\CBUDirectUAT'. Its new value:
'D:\Websites\CBUDirectUATAlt1\'.
Action ended 8:04:53: AppSearch. Return value 1.

I am Bit urgency with UAT. Can any one please help me to fix it and how to
clear previous property one after uninstall.

See below How i am saving the INSTALLLOCATION and help me out any statement
need to be added to it

<Product>

  <Property Id="INSTALLLOCATION">
      <RegistrySearch Id="REMEMBERPROPERTY" Root="HKCU"
Key="Websites\CBUDirect" Name="Remembered" Type="raw"/>
    </Property>

    <CustomAction Id="SAVEINSTALLDIR" Property="CMDREMEMBERPROPERTY"
Value="[INSTALLLOCATION]"/>
    <CustomAction Id="SETINSTALLDIR" Property="INSTALLLOCATION"
Value="[CMDREMEMBERPROPERTY]" />

    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="SAVEINSTALLDIR" Before="AppSearch"></Custom>
     <Custom Action="SETINSTALLDIR"
After="AppSearch">CMDREMEMBERPROPERTY</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

    <Property Id="WIXUI_INSTALLDIR" Value="INSTALLLOCATION" />

                <Feature Id="ProductFeature" Title="CBUDirectMSI" Level="1"
Display="expand" ConfigurableDirectory="INSTALLLOCATION">

      <Component Directory="INSTALLLOCATION">
        <RegistryValue Root="HKCU" Key="Websites\CBUDirect"
Name="Remembered" Value="[INSTALLLOCATION]" Type="string" />
        <RemoveFolder Id="CleanApplicationFolder" On="uninstall"/>
      </Component>

      <Feature Id="MainContent"
                                         Title="CBU Website"
                                         Description="The CBU website
content"
                                         Level="1">

        <ComponentGroupRef Id="CBUDirect" />
      </Feature>
</Feature>
        <CustomActionRef Id='SAVEINSTALLDIR' />

</Product>

<Fragment>
                <Directory Id="TARGETDIR" Name="SourceDir">

                        <Directory Id="ProgramFilesFolder">

                                <Directory Id="INSTALLLOCATION"
Name="CBUDirect" >
                                     <Directory Id="WEBSITE"
Name="Website"/>
                               </Directory>
                        </Directory>
                </Directory>
</Fragment>

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.