Please let me know if someone has any idea on this.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Getting error notification when running .msi Installer
Date:   Mon, 02 Dec 2013 11:02:25 +0530
From:   Suvrajyoti Panda <suvrajyo...@contata.co.in>
To:     General discussion about the WiX toolset.
<wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>

Hi All,

I have created a .msi installer using WIX. When i execute the installer
through command line it installs the application without any error
messages but when it i do it through clicking the setup that gets
created: MyWebSetup.msi, i am getting the below error message. There is
no error that gets logged in the log file though. I am not able to see
errors in the log file as well.

When i looked into the event viewer i am seeing this message below:Product:
/Pipeline Framework Service Client -- Error 1722. There is a problem
with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup
did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package
vendor. Action MakeWepApp40, location:
C:\EnergySolutionsInternational\PipelineFrameworkService\PFWWebSite\,
command: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_regiis.exe
-norestart -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/PFWServiceApplication /

And in my product.wxs file i have the below entries:
<!-- .NET Framework 3.0 SP 1 must be installed -->
         <Property Id="FRAMEWORKBASEPATH">
             <RegistrySearch Id="FindFrameworkDir" Root="HKLM"
Key="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework" Name="InstallRoot" Type="raw"/>
         </Property>

         <Property Id="ASPNETREGIIS" >
             <DirectorySearch Path="[FRAMEWORKBASEPATH]" Depth="4"
Id="FindAspNetRegIis">
                 <FileSearch Name="aspnet_regiis.exe" MinVersion="4.0.0"/>
             </DirectorySearch>
         </Property>

         <!-- Switch ASP.NET to version 4.0 -->
       <CustomAction Id="MakeWepApp40" Directory="MYWEBWEBSITE"
ExeCommand="[ASPNETREGIIS] -norestart -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/[WEB_APP_NAME]"
Return="check">
         Not Installed
       </CustomAction>

         <InstallExecuteSequence>
             <Custom Action="MakeWepApp40"
After="InstallFinalize">ASPNETREGIIS AND NOT Installed</Custom>
         </InstallExecuteSequence>

         <!-- Specify UI -->

         <UIRef Id="MyWebUI" />

I am not able to figure here though what the problem is. Could you guys
please help me on this, i am stuck here. Please let me know if any other
input is required.

Regards,
SuvraJyoti