Hi Phil,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have modified my wix source file as below
to use SourceDir in the Source attribute of <File>:

<Directory Id='TARGETDIR' Name='SourceDir'>
       <Directory Id='EnergySolutions' Name="Energy Solutions
International">
        <Directory Id='TORT' Name='PipelineOptimizer 6.0.0'>
             <Directory Id="CopiedFiles" Name="Copied Files" />
      </Directory>
    </Directory>
</Directory>

     <Component Id="PreferencesFile"
Guid="{AD1478B2-D6DE-4855-9AFE-BFADDD63554F}" Directory="SourceDir">
       <File Id="FilePref" Name="preferences.xml"
Source="SourceDir\Energy Solutions International\PipelineOptimizer
6.0.0\gui\screens" KeyPath="yes">
         <CopyFile Id="Copy" DestinationDirectory="CopiedFiles"/>
       </File>
     </Component>

     <SetDirectory Id="EnergySolutions" Value="[WindowsVolume]Energy
Solutions International"/>

     <Feature Id='Complete' Title='Tort Installer' Description='Tort
Installer' Level='1'>
       <ComponentGroupRef Id='gui'></ComponentGroupRef>
       <ComponentRef Id="PreferencesFile" />
     </Feature>

On executing the Light i am getting the below error:

C:\PLO\CruiseControl\TortInstaller\TortInstall.wxs(23) : error LGHT0103
: The system cannot find the file 'SourceDir\Energy Solutions
International\PipelineOpti
mizer 6.0.0\gui\screens'.

For the File Source attribute above, i have also used only "SourceDir"
value as well. The main issue is the resolution of the path to the file
that is inside componentgroupref Id 'gui' (subdirectory) that is created
by Heat.exe .As can be seen here the path to the preference.xml file is
in the gui\screens, created by the componentgroupref Id="gui" directory
under which there is a screens directory which contains the file. The
structure thus formed on installation should be SourceDir\Energy
Solutions International\PipelineOptimizer 6.0.0\gui\screens\, which i am
not able to access and getting the path error.

The gui.wxs file created looks like below:

<Fragment>
         <DirectoryRef Id="TORT">
             <Directory Id="dir9819615C78959640E45EA793F36FD3BB" Name="gui">
                 <Component Id="cmp9DEB41E9A6D785D0FFB64755704DFDED"
Guid="{31302A86-80FD-4552-8037-B3CB54B12219}">
                     <File Id="filE2623651AE1B80ACDAB29B5020830498"
KeyPath="yes" Source="$(var.GuiPath)\mosquito.exe" />
                 </Component>

<Fragment>
         <ComponentGroup Id="gui">

Please provide some help on the this, as this is urgent for me.

Regards,
Suvra Jyoti