From: fom Forstner Michael [mailto:f...@keba.com]
Sent: 03 April 2014 08:29
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Resigning MSI package

Hi,

I have a question about resigning MSI packages.

My scenario:
I built a .NET application to handle a whole bunch of MSI packages as a
complete product suite (platform). Those MSI packages hold some custom
properties that are used for install/update logic and visual appearance of the
product tree (child/parent).
It is the case now, that we will eventually get MSI packages from some of our
external suppliers. My thought was now to edit those MSI packages databases to
include our custom properties to make them compatible to my application. As I
understand it, this would invalidate the MSI signature. Someone in my earlier
discussions mentioned that resigning of MSI packages is possible though.

Can you provide me with some information of how to resign MSI packages?

kind regards,
Michael

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.