Piping in a little later here, as had no requirements for PowerShell custom
actions but now do.

Our product team is developing a Server app and require a bunch of
PowerShell actions to be ran, some only require triggering commands that are
used to log server info, but others are more detailed/complicated.

So what I need to know, currently using WiX 3.7, is if it is best for the
developers to simply create the PowerShell *.ps1 file or files and therefore
I just have to have a custom action that calls them with parameters, or can
the PS script be embedded in to the WiX fragments. Again I have no
experience with PS and therefore would like to keep it simple or at least
have the least amount of failure points in the install?

Is there any good examples that show PS custom actions and/or embedding
actions within the WiX installer?

Thanks.