If the msi is installed it is usually stored in the c:\windows\installer folder
and that would be used for autoheal repair.

I understand that burn caches packages in case this is not true anymore.

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukhw [mailto:farru...@gmail.com]
Sent: 20 October 2014 13:34
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Repost: Wix Burn and KeyPath file hot repair/restore by
Windows Installer.

Hi,
Reposting with a hope that someone may be able to give some guidance, as last
time it was left abandoned:

I've developed a Managed Bootstrapper and now near to release the product.
Normally, if a KeyPath file is removed/modified, Windows Installer would try to
restore/repair that. But in case we used Managed Bootstrapper to deliver the
product, Windows Installer service would be asking for the source msi installer
files, which we have packed into the Bootstrapper in this case.

How to let Windows Installer get the missing files from Boostrapper Package?

SDL PLC confidential, all rights reserved.
If you are not the intended recipient of this mail SDL requests and requires
that you delete it without acting upon or copying any of its contents, and we
further request that you advise us.
SDL PLC is a public limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 02675207.
Registered address: Globe House, Clivemont Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 7DY,
UK.