File the bug. Burn (the engine) should never crash.

From: Uni Gauldoth [mailto:unigauld...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:37 AM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Burn failed to initialize COM at EngineRun().

Hi,

I've found the culprit.

I installed a program named Lingoes(a translator), and run the Ligoes.exe in
the back.
When my installer starts, it loaded the following dll before entering
stub.exe's wWinMain.
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Lingoes\Translator\lingoes-us\OpenText32.dll
It looks like this OpenText32.dll already initialized COM using a different
thread mode.

If I terminate the Ligoes.exe, the problem vanished.

Since I'm using debug version of burn.exe, it will crash.
In release version of burn.exe, it will not crash because ExitOnFailure is not
available under release build.
So is this a bug? Or a flaw I can just ignore?

Regards,
Gauldoth