From: Tunney, Stephen [mailto:stephen.tun...@nuance.com]
Sent: May-27-15 3:49 PM
To: General discussion about the WiX toolset.
Subject: [WiX-users] PreprocessorExtensions and accessing them from one another

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to write a new preprocessor extension and have it internally access
the instance of another preprocessor extension already instantiated by the
compiler.  Can I do this or do I have to evaluate the function within my XML
and have that value passed in as an argument into my new extension?

It would be along the line of

Ext1:addStuffToContainer("hello", "test123", "anotherValue", "hello2", "bob",

Ext2:doWork("hello")
Instead of having to do
Ext2:doWork(Ext1:getContainerStuff("hello", 3, 4, 2, ...))

And Ext2 could enumerate over Ext1's contents and get something out of its
container/bucket.

I would really prefer to do this with as few "glue-code" pieces in the XML as
possible.

Stephen Tunney