Hi

thanks for the answers, but they unfortunately don't answer my question.

Is there a reason/rationale behind this patch creation behavior?
Or did the patch appliance rules change at some point while the patch
creation logic was left untouched?

Cheers
Jakob

ps: apart from specifying which components to include in a patch, we
automated that by using the original files to create the updated installer,
and just replace the libs of which we touched the code (we mustn't forget
to set a higher file version, of course). It takes responsibility from the
devs to know about components and installer/patching etc. Most don't care,
unfortunately.

Still, it looks to me as if we are going to great lengths to get a patch
built in a way so that it doesn't carry already deployed libraries, which
differ only by the teeniest amount on the binary lvl.