Assuming that viewers of your site have not changed the settings on their software to suit their eyesight or their general preferences is wrong.

By giving users: body{font-size:100%;} you are doing the best you can at your end, and It's up to them to ensure they have correctly configured their browser to suit their eyesight or preferences.

I have my laptop set at 1024x768.
With Firefox I have the font size set at 16px.

That means that when I view a web page, I am saying to firefox: "Show me this web page, and show the main text at 16 pixels and scale the other text (h1, h2, h3, h4) around this base font-size setting".

Setting this in your css sheet:

body{font-size:100%;}

h1 {font-size: 145%;}
h2 {font-size: 132%;}
h3 {font-size: 125%;}
h4 {font-size: 115%;}
h5 {font-size: 102%;}
h6 {font-size: 100%;}
p, ul, ol, blockquote, pre {font-size:100%;}

ensures that this is possible.

note: I think the code suggested was originally from: Gunlaug Sørtun http://www.gunlaug.no

--
Dean Edridge