Dear members,

Currently I'm switchin from FreeNx to x2go.
i must say everything looks very good!
Especially when using linux platforms only.

When using the windows client I've had the following problem. When trying to open a session: A first dialog with an empty msg, title: "Host key verification failed ..." and option "Yes" and "No". Pressing Yes opend up the same dialog again. Pressing No give me the error: "ssh_askpass: No such file or directory Host key verification failed." The client is installed on a system that has the latest cygwin installed. I was already using ssh and sshd from the cygwin package. This gave conflicting cygwin1.dll versions. Copy the latest dll the x2go folder did not resolve the problem completely. A new error occured, something like could not create directory /home/mz/ssh. I don't remember the exact error msg. I did a full scan of all cygwin1.dll. I found that I was running a little tool on the background (xplanet) that was also using a cygwin1.dll but a much older one. After closing down that tool, restoring the x2go original cygwin1.dll to its folder and trying again... All is well ... I started up my cron and sshd services again with the new cygwin1.dll and starting the x2go client with its original dll. Everything worked again!

I just want to share this information, maybe put it in the faq or something. When using the windows client, be carefull to look for other (older) cygwin1.dlls

For the rest I'm very happy using x2go.
Thank you all
 Malic Zilyas