I've been using x2go for a long time now, with X11 on server and client.  I
use remapping of caps->ctrl (old emacs guy).  After struggling with
problems using X11 on client and server side, this seems to have been
resolved for the last couple of years and life was good.

Now I'm trying wayland on the client side.  So far things work, except the
keyboard mapping problem is back.  Every time I reconnect when I hit caps
in emacs (running on server) it is not mapped to ctrl.  Using xfce on
server (kde on client) I seem to each time need to open keyboard settings
(xfce) and fiddle with it toggling the cryptically-named Alt+ctrl keyboard
variant setting and then my mapping works again.

Any suggestions?  It would be great if it just worked, like it did on X11.
But if I could just run a cli command to fix it on the server each time I
connect I could also live with that.

Thanks,
Neal