From: Gerd Pokorra <poko...@uni-siegen.de>
To: <xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [xcat-user] NFS mount point for home directories from NAS-server
Date: Tue, Mar 29, 2016 11:58 AM

For starting with xCAT I set up a little cluster.
OS: SLES 12 SP 1
xCAT version: 2.11.1
Architecture: x68_64

The home directories we import by NFS from a NAS-server.

To add the mount point during the installation I write a simple
postscript file.
The file /install/postscripts/slc1/mount.sh on the MN contains the
following commands:

# Add NFS-home mount
cat << EOF >> /etc/fstab
hpcnas.zimt.uni-siegen.de:/vol/HPCNAS_homes /home                nfs
nfsvers=3 1 2
EOF

sleep 15
systemctl start rpc-statd.service
systemctl restart rpc-statd.service
#exec /usr/sbin/rpc.statd --no-notify
mount -a

During the execution of the postscript file the mount commands 'mount
-a' or 'mount /home' do not work.

In the log file /var/log/xcat/xcat.log I see the following messages:
Mon Mar 28 19:12:05 CEST 2016 Running postscript: slc1/mount.sh
Job for rpc-statd.service failed. See "systemctl status
rpc-statd.service" and "journalctl -xn" for details.
Job for rpc-statd.service failed. See "systemctl status
rpc-statd.service" and "journalctl -xn" for details.
Mon Mar 28 19:12:39 CEST 2016 postscript slc1/mount.sh return with 1

When the satellite is install I can login and execute the mount command
'mount -a' without no problem.

Has anyone an idea how I get the mount working at the first reboot by
the installation?

-- Gerd