On 16/09/2021 13:30, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 16.09.2021 13:10, Dmitry Isaikin wrote:
>> From: Dmitry Isaykin <isaikin-dmi...@yandex.ru>
>>
>> This significantly speeds up concurrent destruction of multiple domains on
>> x86.
> This effectively is a simplistic revert of 228ab9992ffb ("domctl:
> improve locking during domain destruction"). There it was found to
> actually improve things;

Was it?  I recall that it was simply an expectation that performance
would be better...

Amazon previously identified 228ab9992ffb as a massive perf hit, too.

Clearly some of the reasoning behind 228ab9992ffb was flawed and/or
incomplete, and it appears as if it wasn't necessarily a wise move in
hindsight.

~Andrew