On 02.01.24 17:59, Oleksii wrote:
Dear community,

Wishing you a Happy New Year!

I'd like to propose the release schedule for Xen 4.19.

Based on the previous release schedules [1] and [2], it seems the next
release date should be on Wednesday, July 10, 2024:

** Proposed option: Wed Jul 10, 2024 **
(+9 months from Xen 4.18 release)

- Last posting date          Fri Apr 26, 2024

Patches adding new features are expected to be posted to the mailing
list by this date, although perhaps not in their final version.

- Feature freeze             Fri May 17, 2024 (+3 weeks from Last
posting date)

Patches adding new features should be committed by this date.
Straightforward bugfixes may continue to be accepted by maintainers.

- Code freeze                Fri May 31, 2024 (+2 weeks from Feature
freeze)

Bugfixes only.

- Hard code freeze           Fri Jun 21, 2024 (+3 weeks from Code
freeze)

Bugfixes for serious bugs (including regressions), and low-risk fixes
only.

- Final commits              Fri Jul 05, 2024 (+2 weeks from Hard code
freeze)

Branch off staging-4.19.

- Release                    Wed Jul 10, 2024

If there are no objections, we will stick to the proposed schedule.

One more thing I'd like to discuss is whether to add a file
(RELEASE.md) with the release schedule to the source code or update an
existing one (xen-release-management.pandoc). I think it will help to
find the final release schedule for the nearest release. For example,
for the previous release, there are a lot of emails with proposed
schedules, polls of Xen release schedules, and I found the final
release schedule in just one of the replies (but probably I missed
something).

What about putting it into the wiki under Xen_Project_X.YY_Release_Notes?
That way it would already be accessible via SUPPORT.md (in the wiki under
https://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable-staging/support-matrix.html ).

Juergen