On 28/02/2024 23:27, Stefano Stabellini wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2024, Michal Orzel wrote:
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> On 28/02/2024 12:42, Julien Grall wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi Michal,

>>> Good catch! Somewhat related I wonder whether we should add earlyprintk
>>> testing in gitlab?
>> I thought about adding this and I think we should at least have build jobs
>> (hypervisor only, no toolstack)
>> selecting early printk. When it comes to testing if early printk works, I'm
>> not sure. It'd be nice
>> but FWIR we have limited bandwidth.
>>
>> @Stefano, what's your opinion?
>
> I think it would be a good and quick test to have. To save testing
> bandwidth I think we should reduce the amount of debug/non-debug
> variations of the same tests that we have.
Yes, I suggested that some time ago. We could keep both versions for generic
tests,
but remove the non-debug version (unless you prefer to do the opposite) for:
Arm64:
- staticmem
- staticheap
- shared-mem
- boot-cpupools
Arm32:
- gzip
- without-dom0

This would save us some bandwidth that we could use for testing other features
(e.g. early printk).

~Michal