Hi Luca,

On 12/03/2024 14:03, Luca Fancellu wrote:

> Currently Xen is not exporting the static shared memory regions
> to the device tree as /memory node, this commit is fixing this
> issue.
Looking at the implementation, you will always call make_shm_memory_node()
twice. For the first
time, to create /memory node and for the second time to create entry under
/reserved-memory. Also,
you will create a separate /memory node for every single shmem region instead
of combining them
in a single /memory region like make_memory_node() would do. Can't we reuse
this function for simplicity?

Also, afaict it is not forbidden to specify shmem range (correct me if I'm
wrong), where guest address will be
within with RAM allocated by Xen (e.g. GPA RAM range 0x40000000 - 0x60000000
and shmem is at 0x50000000). In this case,
you would create yet another /memory node that would result in overlap (i.e.
more than one /memory node specifying the same range).

~Michal