On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 05:38:17PM +0100, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2024 at 04:55:19PM +0000, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> > grub-installer on arndale-* machine fails with Debian Bookworm. It
> > tries to install "grub-pc" which doesn't exist. Skip installation.
> >
> > Somehow, cubietruck-* installation works fine.
>
> I'm kind of puzzled by this, as cubietruck and arndales are both armhf
> IIRC? (IOW: they should use the same repo?)
>
> Does the install of grub-pc succeed on the cubietruck, or is skipped
> for some other reason that doesn't require us to intervene?

It's skipped.

The difference I can see is that, on the cubietruck, there's an extra
step. And it's due to this extra logging:
    debconf: --> METAGET debian-installer/flash-kernel-installer/title
Description
    debconf: <-- 0 Make the system bootable

On the cubietruck, there would be these installation step:
    ..., Select and install software, Make the system bootable, Install the
GRUB boot loader, ...
But on the arndale, it would be instead:
    ..., Select and install software, Install the GRUB boot loader, ...

Somehow, flash-kernel-installer does something different on both
machine.

Thanks,

--
Anthony PERARD