On 02.04.2024 19:06, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> The commit makes a claim without any kind of justification.

Well, what does "have no business" leave open?

> The claim is false, and the commit broke lsevtchn in dom0.

Or alternatively lsevtchn was doing something that was never meant to work
(from Xen's perspective).

>  It is also quite
> obvious from XSM_TARGET that it has broken device model stubdoms too.

Why would that be "obvious"? What business would a stubdom have to look at
Xen's side of an evtchn?

> Whether to return information about a xen-owned evtchn is a matter of policy,
> and it's not acceptable to short circuit the XSM on the matter.

I can certainly accept this as one possible view point. As in so many cases
I'm afraid I dislike you putting it as if it was the only possible one.

In summary: The supposed justification you claim is missing in the original
change is imo also missing here then: What business would any entity in the
system have to look at Xen's side of an event channel? Back at the time, 3
people agreed that it's "none".

Jan