On 2024-04-11 14:03, Andrew Cooper wrote:
On 2024-04-08 09:32, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 05.04.2024 11:14, Nicola Vetrini wrote:
Remove unneded blank lines between switch clauses.

"Unneeded" based on what? We're carefully trying to improve
readability of
large switch() statements by adding such blank lines (at least)
between non-
fall-through case blocks, and you go and remove them?

Jan

I wrote that based on this earlier suggestion [1]. If I misunderstood
the suggestion, then I apologize and feel free to strip them if you want.

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/e40579ba-acae-4c11-bea1-a5b83208d...@suse.com/

I'm afraid I also can't figure out what that suggestion was supposed to
be, but we definitely do want to keep blank lines.  They're specifically
for improved legibility.

I interpreted that message as being a suggestion to eliminate blank lines, which was obviously incorrect. Anyways, thanks for the effort on adjusting and committing the earlier patches.

But fighting over spacing like this is a waste of everyone's time.  I've
taken patches 1 thru 7, accounting for the suggestions made so far, and
adjusted to retain the blank lines.

Please double check carefully.

Patch 8 didn't apply because SAF-4-safe has been used for something else
now.  You'll need to rebase and resubmit patches 8 and 9.

I'll certainly do so when I'm fully back to work next week.

~Andrew

--
Nicola Vetrini, BSc
Software Engineer, BUGSENG srl (https://bugseng.com)