06.05.24 14:32, Jan Beulich:
On 02.05.2024 11:21, Sergiy Kibrik wrote:
Separate Intel/AMD-specific MCE code using CONFIG_{INTEL,AMD} config options.
Now we can avoid build of mcheck code if support for specific platform is
intentionally disabled by configuration.

Add default return value to init_nonfatal_mce_checker() routine -- in case
of a build with both AMD and INTEL options are off (e.g. randconfig).

I'm afraid that, as before, I can't accept this as a justification for the
addition. The addition likely is wanted, but perhaps in a separate up-front
patch and explaining what's wrong when that's missing.

sure, I'll do separate patch for that.

Also global Intel-specific variables lmce_support & cmci_support have to be
redefined if !INTEL, as they get checked in common code.

Them being checked in common code may have different resolution strategies.
The justification here imo is that, right now, both variables are only ever
written by mce_intel.c. As mentioned for vmce_has_lmce(), there's nothing
fundamentally preventing MCG_CAP from having respective bits set on a non-
Intel CPU.

so could these global variables just be moved to common code then? Like arch/x86/cpu/mcheck/mce.c ?

  -Sergiy