On Mon, May 13, 2024 at 01:40:41PM +0000, Elias El Yandouzi wrote:
> Until directmap gets completely removed, we'd still need to
> keep some calls to mfn_to_virt() for xenheap pages or when the
> directmap is enabled.
>
> Rename the macro to mfn_to_directmap_virt() to flag them and
> prevent further use of mfn_to_virt().

Both here and in the following patch, I'm afraid I'm unsure of it's
usefulness.  I'm leaning towards this being code churn for very little
benefit.

Also, I'm not sure I see how the patch prevents further usage of
mfn_to_virt(), as (for Arm) the existing macro is not removed.  If
anything I would prefer a comment clearly stating that the macro
operates on directmap space, and avoid the name change.

Thanks, Roger.