From: Keiron Liddle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 7:08 AM
To: fop-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: SVG

I've had a look at the SVG dom classes.

I will be moving all the svg code into this model once I figure out a few
things. This means some major restructuring.

This raises some questions.

should the implementation be placed in
org.apache.svg.dom.*

should all implementation classes be called
<interface name>Impl.java

Is it possible to have property makers (ie.
"propertyTable.put("width",SVGLengthProperty.maker())")
that applies only to a particular xml element or maybe xml namespace.
If not then there will be some problems with properties in svg and fop that
have the same name but need to return different objects (without making
Property bloated).
Also in svg the text element can have a list of x values that should parse
the
property into a list, other x values should only be a single number.

COFFMAN Steven wrote:

> In PDF, SVG, XSL, etc. we're flinging RGB floating point color components
> around. I'd like to fling a color object around instead.

The SVG color object will be the implementation of the
org.w3c.dom.svg.SVGColor which holds an RGBColor