From: Joan Pujol Espinar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 3:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: validation error with Xerces131... bug??.

Quoting Thakur Thribhuvan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi Thakur,

You have some problems with schema design. The Schema you write isn't valid.
You can't use the attribute base directly in a complexType.

When you want to create a complexType from a simple Type you have to use:

<complexType name="Type" mixed="0">
  <simpleContent>
    <extension base="string"/>
  </simpleContent>
  <attribute name='type' type='xsd:string' use='required'/>
</complexType>

Also I see that you declare the Schema namespace to xsd prefix. But why you
don't use the prefix xsd when you declare the Types and elements?
It's correct? I think that you must put the schema namespace if you want to
do
it.

Bye,

> Hi,
> I have written a Schema that contains couple of elements and an attribute.
> When I validate it using one the samples(dom.DOMCount with -v option) it
> gives me this error.
>
>     java dom.DOMCount -v account.xml
>    [Error] account.xml:7:51: The content of element type "anu:ProductID"
> must match "EMPTY".
>    account.xml: 1362 ms (4 elems, 4 attrs, 11 spaces, 12 chars)
>
>   I guess the parser seems to assume that the content type as empty for
> ProductID(one of the elements) when it should be elementOnly which is the
> default. I am enclosing the xml instance file and the schema. Any pointers
> would be appreciated.
>
> <!--XML Schema fragment in file schema1.xsd-->
> <schema targetNamespace='anutech.com'
>         xmlns:xsd='http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema'
>         xmlns:anu='anutech.com'>
> <element name="rootElement">
>   <complexType> <!-- default for content is element only -->
>      <sequence>
>      <element ref="anu:InvoiceNo" minOccurs='1' maxOccurs='unbounded'/>
>      <element ref="anu:ProductID" minOccurs='1' maxOccurs='unbounded' />
>      <element ref="anu:ProductCode" minOccurs='1' maxOccurs='unbounded'/>

>      </sequence>
>   </complexType>
> </element>
>
> <!-- Global declarations -->
> <element name='InvoiceNo' type='xsd:integer'/>
> <element name='ProductCode' type='xsd:string' />
> <element name='ProductID'>
> <complexType base='xsd:string' derivedBy='extension'
content='elementOnly'>
>  <attribute name='type' type='xsd:string' use='required'/>
> </complexType>
> </element>
> </schema>
>
> <!-- instance file -->
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <anu:rootElement xmlns:anu='anutech.com'
>              xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance";
>
>              xsi:schemaLocation='anutech.com account.xsd'>
> <anu:InvoiceNo>123456789</anu:InvoiceNo>
>
> <anu:ProductID type='sometype'>99</anu:ProductID>
>
> <anu:ProductCode>A</anu:ProductCode>
>
> </anu:rootElement>

---
Joan Pujol Espinar