Thank you for your question.

The datasets are intended to be retained forever, as researchers may
want access to historical data. If any removal is necessary for
compliance with local and international laws, it will be primarily
handled by the Internet Archive, as they are the ones storing the
data.

Warmest regards,
Hydriz Scholz

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 at 13:59, colin johnston <col...@gt86car.org.uk> wrote:

> Are you going to implement retention times for data sets and removal of data
> info under gdpr order when asked ?
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> > On 15 Mar 2021, at 01:59, Hydriz Scholz <hyd...@jorked.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I am User:Hydriz on Wikimedia wikis and I am working on a grant
> > proposal to facilitate browsing and downloading of Wikimedia datasets
> > (including the database dumps as well as other datasets). It is a
> > proposed rewrite of the existing system which focused primarily on
> > archiving the datasets to the Internet Archive. [1]
> >
> > My proposal aims to modernize the software used for automatically
> > archiving datasets to the Internet Archive. More importantly, it aims
> > to put researchers and downloaders first, by providing both a
> > human-readable and a machine-readable interface for browsing and
> > downloading datasets, whether present or historical. I also intend to
> > integrate a "watchlist" feature that can automatically notify users
> > when new datasets are available.
> >
> > Please do express your support for this proposal and help make this
> > project a reality. Thank you!
> >
> > Warmest regards.
> > Hydriz Scholz
> >
> > [1]: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Hydriz/Balchivist_2.0