Hello M.Srilasya,

The XML data dumps of all the Wikipedias are free to download and use as
per the licensing discussed here <https://dumps.wikimedia.org/legal.html>.

So you can just download anything you'd like from the website here:
https://dumps.wikimedia.org/backup-index.html.

If you let me know a specific language you're interested in, I can point
you to the exact download link. But since you asked for a smaller download,
let me offer simplewiki, which is a smaller English wiki that uses
"Simplified English'', yet it is big enough to be interesting to do proof
of concepts with:

All pages with complete page edit history (.bz2)

   - simplewiki-20240201-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2

<https://dumps.wikimedia.org/simplewiki/20240201/simplewiki-20240201-pages-meta-history.xml.bz2>
2.9
   GB
   -

 All pages, current versions only.

   - simplewiki-20240201-pages-meta-current.xml.bz2

<https://dumps.wikimedia.org/simplewiki/20240201/simplewiki-20240201-pages-meta-current.xml.bz2>
356.7
   MB

--
Xabriel J. Collazo Mojica (he/him, pronunciation
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Xabriel_Collazo_Mojica_-_pronunciation.ogg>