This is a decision made by YARA. The underlying code which is doing the hashing
is OpenSSL and that outputs using lowercase. Even if we switched it to all be
uppercase we would have users complaining that they are expecting lowercase. We
can't please everyone, so we just have to pick one and stick to it.

-- WXS