Hello everybody,

Please excuse the newbie question I want to ask, but I started with yocto and
cmake 3 month ago and now I have a couple of recipes based on cmake. One of
that cmake files installs links using following code:

install(
            CODE "execute_process( \
                COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -E create_symlink \
                __tool \
                ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/bin/tool_${DST_NAME} \
            )"

When the code is executed in yocto  the do_install task fails with following
error:
failed to create symbolic link '/usr/bin/tool_intf': Permission denied

The cmake code attempts to install the links to the root_fs of my development
host. The code I write recipes for is currently under development and cmake
files are provided by developers. Therefore I would like to use developers
cmake files and avoid permanently updating do_install task in my recipe.
Unfortunately I can't find any possibility to force the cmake recipe to install
the links to target root_fs. I would be glad to know if somebody has already
faced a similar problem and probably has a solution for it.

Best regards
Andrei Ehrlich