I'm not sure if this is a bug or something. I tried researching but have
come up dry due to hard to come up with right keywords. Anyway, we have been
using OSOL 2008.11 as a file server just fine using instructions very
similar to this
http://blog.scottlowe.org/2006/08/15/solaris-10-and-active-directory-integration/
  that has been working great.
Recently we have been trying to set up some 2009.06 file servers. Everything
goes fine. except when I view acl's from a windows machine it doesn't show
the user or groups but instead the sid's (windows security identifier). So
if you were trying to see who had what permissions from a windows machine
you would have no idea. I should say if you do a /bin/ls -V from the osol
box you can see user/groups.
 on 2008.11 this whole thing works fine and I can see the users and group
names.

Has anyone else encountered this or does anyone have any thoughts?

--
HUGE

David Stahl
Sr. Systems Administrator