Greg wrote:
Markus Nikolai  'Bushes (Freaks Turning Yellow Speakeasy)'  [Perlon]

Is this the same mix as is on the Farina san fran sessions release?
Also, can anyone tell me if this bushes track is on the LP release?
I've tried to search for it and nothing lists the tracks on the LP
release.  I've heard one mix of this song onperlin, and frankly I don't
like it, but the mix on the farina CD is pretty smooth.

I'm not familiar with the Farina mix-CD, and I don't have the Markus Nikolai LP... but I do know of four other versions of the 'Bushes' track.

The first house mix of the track came out on the 'Superlongevity' 2LP various artists comp. (Perlon 10). This version is simply entitled 'Bushes' and is a nice Herbert/Cologne-styled house track, built around guitar and vocal loops.

Markus Nikolai's 'Passion' 12" (Perlon 12) has three more mixes of the track. 'Bushes (Zero Volt)' is a short acoustic pop-song (presumably where all the samples/vocals have been taken for the house mixes). 'Bushes (Freaks Turning Yellow Speakeasy)' is a house remix by Justin Harris and Luke Solomon... which lays most of the original vocals over a new catchy arrangement. 'Bushes (Freaks in Outer Space Dub)' is an instrumental version of the first Harris/Solomon mix... with a slightly different arrangement.

hope this helps!
~Askew