>From Simon Reynolds' always-enjoyable (for purposes of insight,
yelling-at-the-monitor, and most things in-between) "tops of the year"
list:

Various Artists---Comin From Tha D (Intuit-Solar)

the gentrification of ghetto-tech continues with this comp of fine
"intelligent bass" and "avant-booty"--and fuck y'all 313-losers if
you can't take a mock-genre joke.

http://members.aol.com/blissout/faves99.htm

That's the thing I dig about Simon Reynolds - I have a pretty
different context than the one he comes from, and I don't always agree
with what he says, but he's at least got a sense of humor about it.

Bill / dj marathon
--
AppNet MidWest Interactive [formerly Sigma6] /  http://www.appnet.com

                         http://www.chromedecay.org