I think Landsdown Street, where all of Boston's finest clubs are located,
should actually be renamed Misery Street.  These clubs just love to book dj's
such as Paul Okenfold and the like.  yippee skippee...

At least booking Hawtin will give Boston a good lesson in Techno 101.

Brooks

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fred Giannelli) wrote:
***** NEWS FLASH******* FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*******

(Boston, MA / AXIS nightclub)

Richie Hawtin's personal entourage verbally abused upon entering nightclub.

The entourage which included Stewart S. Walker and his girlfriend as well
as The Kooky Scientist and his female companion were verbally abused by a 6
foot Black pre-op transexual/transvestite at the door of the infamous AXIS
nightclub.  She/He took enormous offence as The Kooky Scientist tried to get
the attention of Hawtin's touring assistant Steve, to simply tell him
to go upstairs and tell the promoter, John Debo to come down and make sure
the rest of the entourage were admitted into the nightclub.  After a
pleasant dinner with the promoter @ the clubowners eatery Sonsie, the door
personel @ the club refused to accept that the 4 people in line were part
of Hawtin's entourage.  The She/He who was handling the guest list, named
MISERY started yelling @ The Kooky Scientist, calling him "rude" for not
acknowledging her supreme authority over her magnificent domain in front of
many shocked onlookers.  As Hawtin stepped back to say that the 4 people
were in fact part of his entourage, MISERY threw her clipboard down and
stormed off in a dramatic hissy fit worthy of a future actor on stage or
screen.  Yet who is this mysterious MISERY?  I guess we really haven't come
a long way baby, at all.  Boston drag queens working the door @ clubs will
never live up to the standard of NYC's past finest (JoJo, Connie Girl and
Chiclet).

Although the evening had other difficulties including, Boston's second
messy snowstorm and subzero temperatures, as well as a venue which was
currently under radical renovation; hence Hawtin had to play in the
intimate upstairs area which could only fit approximately 400 people.
However, none of this hassle interfered with Hawtin delivering the goods to
an enthralled crowd.  The addition of the Roland SH-101 to Hawtin's usual
decks, fx and 909 added a great new dimension and serious BASS to his
flawlessly solid DJing/Live PA hybrid.  Wake up promoters! The days of a DJ
just showing up with a couple of boxes of records are numbered.  Please
take notice:  weedy English Trance DJ's currently exploiting U.S. Soil.*

A black cloud seems to have been following Hawtin around in recent days but
the music presented displayed that petty political conspiracies can't keep
a good man down.

So Piss Off, Canadian authorities and egocentric club personnel.  Go hassle
the people who really deserve to be harrassed.

PUFF DADDY and JENNIFER LOPEZ!

Telepathic regards,
The Kooky Scientist

a/k/a "The Rodney Dangerfield of Electronic Music"

*see article in current issue of XLR8R "We Need Another Boston Tea Party"!

(The Boston nightclub AXIS is in no way whatsoever associated with Jeff
Mills or Axis records in any shape or form.)