>Just got home (early Monday morning) from seeing Derrick spin at Seven (a
>relatively small club) in Melbourne. He played way better than he did at the
>NYE party.

Derrick played great on NYE, everyone there was familiar with who he is and
what he does, the vibe was warm and friendly, it's just that the sound
wasn't all that. He had no control over the sound levels.

Reportedly the police insisted that the sound in the building be turned down
(which is a rare occurrence in Melbourne) and then there was some trouble
with bleeding between rooms.

>But he still didn't seem to be having the BEST time of it... alot
>of people seemed to be there for the spectacle, and not the music...

Yeah, he was a little frustrated about that I think, but those in the front
were definitely feeling it.

It was unfortunate that they had Chuck E opening as he comes from a very
different ethos - he plays bang, bang Euro techno. Everyone felt that
sucked.

They should have had the soulful, funky and upcoming great hope Declan Kelly
before - he was upstairs.

Had it been an Innovator party it would have been more harmonious but thems
the breaks.

Ian Pooley, Patrick Lindsey and Christian Smith turned up, as they were
still in town, no doubt taking lessons.

I really like Lindsey as a DJ - he's like a baby Dave Angel and can beatbox
into the bargain. I saw him the night before with Ian Pooley.

Peace