From: Wibo Lammerts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org <313@hyperreal.org>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, April 23, 2000 4:11 PM
Subject: (313) TERRENCE PARKER: Happy Birthday!

This last sat us 4 LOWlanders-who-went-to-Detroit-last-december went to
Munster in Germany for TPs Birthday Bash.

TP played in Dockland, a 800+ capacity venue in a shady part of Munster, a
city about 60 km from the Dutch border. Not exactly the kind a neighbourhood
where you would expect a garage and deephouse club; I would expect a more
techno oriented club. We later found out that Westbam had a residency down
the road, so that fit the picture quite well.

It was real nice seeing TP back after all these months, and he gave us a
real treat in playing us the best in US garage, deephouse and all these
other gems that came out of his recordbag. Not to to mention his skills: you
can tell where his roots lie (hiphop) but he is also really good in blending
tracks. I especially liked the last 45 minutes of his set where he got into
a set of really good vocal tracks including a new bootleg mix of an old BeBe
and CeCe Winans track (Sorry TP, that's what I made of your story; the music
was too loud) and that EXCELLENT new Blaze mix of Kenny Bobien's and
Stephanie Cooke's "Love's Been Right Here" on King Street.   That one really
made my (and Otto's) night, but you noticed that!!!! :)

Anyway, the crowd really got into his music and appreciated his skills as
well as quality music.

OK People, who's gonna get him to play in Holland? It's been 6 years sincee
last played here!!!! And that's a real shame...

Happee Easter

out

NP: TPs mix #7